Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 wins Auto Bild’s all-season tire test
- Auto Bild rated the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 tire “exemplary”
- In addition to the primary performance test, the tire also won “Green tire 2022”
- It’s the third consecutive year Goodyear has won the All-Season award
Auto Bild, a leading German automotive publication, has ranked the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 tire number one out of 151 other products extensively tested during its all-season tire test for small cars. It was chosen as the favourite not only for its performance but also for its efficiency and sustainable credentials.
Included in the September 29 edition (Issue 39-2022)1, Auto Bild conducted the small car test with a Volkswagen Polo on size 195/55R16 tires. The Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was named the outright winner, and just one of two tested tires rated “exemplary” by Auto Bild’s testers. It’s also the third consecutive year that Goodyear has come out on top with its Vector 4Seasons Gen-3.2
A standout score for the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was for dry handling, where only it and Dunlop’s Sport All Season were given the joint highest score. Elsewhere, traction, braking and handling were particular strengths of the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 in each of the wet, dry and snowy conditions tested.
The test concluded that in wet weather conditions, the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 offers drivers ‘convincing performance’ across each set of conditions.
Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 also named ‘Green tire 2022’
Not only was the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 ranked highest in the performance test, but Auto Bild’s testers also found that it provides drivers with outstanding mileage and low abrasion rate, as well as low weight and a quieter driving experience than tested competitors.
Goodyear’s Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was the stand-out performer when considering a tire that both performs well across a variety of conditions, and was the most efficient. Auto Bild concluded that Goodyear proves that “top performance in driving dynamics and commitment to the environment are not mutually exclusive.”3,4
Laurent Colantonio, Regional Technology Director EMEA, Goodyear: “We are delighted to receive such a comprehensive win during Auto Bild’s tyre test. While designing the Vector 4Seasons Gen-3, produced in Europe, we wanted a tire that would excel in a wide range of conditions while being sustainable and comfortable for drivers. We are glad that when faced with real-world tests, Goodyear’s all-season tire came out on top for a third straight year and wins the first ever Green Award from Auto Bild.”
(1) Auto Bild issue 39-2022. Test car: Volkswagen Polo. Test size: 195/55R16. Brands tested: Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Continental, Falken, Firestone, Hankook, Maxxis, Michelin, Nexen, Nokian, Kleber, Kumho, Toyo, Vredestein. 35 tires tested in total, 15 brands published in the test.
(2) Auto Bild issues 39-2020 and 39-2021
(3) Auto Bild: Im Test: Ganzjahresreifen für Kleinwagen https://www.autobild.de/artikel/ganzjahresreifen-test-2022-195-55-r-16-22172405.html
(4) Translated from original German.