Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 wins ADAC tire test
- Top placed tire in ADAC 15-inch summer tire test
- Best all-rounder against 15 competitors
- Highest mileage scored; ‘very good’ mileage rating
Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 has been crowned the winner of ADAC’s latest 15-inch summer tire test which compared 16 different tires in a popular size for the small car segment.
ADAC, the German motor authority, published the test along with ÖAMTC and TCS, its counterparts for Austria and Switzerland. The tested size was 185/65R15 with speed rating H, measuring a number of criteria including performance in dry and wet conditions, noise, fuel consumption and wear.
In the test report, ADAC recommended Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 for ‘frequent drivers’ as it scored the highest mileage of the 16 tested products. With strong results in all categories, Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 gained the best overall score, taking into account its results across all test criteria.
Mileage and longevity is a key feature of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2, which boasts an impressive 50% higher mileage than its predecessor1 and 20% percent higher than its closest tested competitor2. The latest ADAC summer tire test confirms the tire’s impressive mileage with the tire scoring a ‘very good’ rating for its longevity, and strong results across all other tested criteria. In 2021, ADAC declared Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 the top performer for mileage in an intensive test, in which the Goodyear tire exhibited a mileage result that was more than twice that of some rival brands3 4.
The 2022 ADAC test measured the 185/65R15 size, which is a common fitment on many small cars, such as the Audi A1, Citroën C3, Fiat Panda, Renault Clio and Zoe, and Volkswagen Polo.
Laurent Colantonio, Regional Technology Director EMEA, Goodyear: “The EfficientGrip Performance 2 line is designed to be an excellent all-rounder for drivers of a wide variety of cars who require excellent mileage and longevity alongside reliable dry and wet performance. These characteristics demonstrate that this award-winning product line is ready for the modern electrifying car parc. They also prove Goodyear’s commitment to sustainability. We are pleased that they are clearly shown in the results of ADAC’s test, which measures a popular size for drivers of small cars and hatchbacks.”
(1) Internal estimates. Compared to predecessor EfficientGrip Performance. Tire size: 205/55R16 91V; Car: VW Golf 7; Location: open roads in Luxembourg and France
(2) 20%/11,000km higher mileage than next-best tested competitor. Mileage (i.e. until the legal tread wear limit is reached) compared to the four latest designs from competitors in summer HP segment (Michelin Primacy 4, Continental PremiumContact 6, Bridgestone Turanza T005, Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue). Tested by TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH in November 2019 by order of Goodyear. Tire size tested: 205/55R16 91V; Test car: VW Golf Mk7; Test location: open roads in central Germany. Report number: 713171748. Full report available at: https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tire-test-reports/tire-test-reports-summer.html.
(3) Test conducted by ADAC and published on 23/2/21 by ADAC (Germany) ÖAMTC (Austria) and TCS (Switzerland) using a VW Golf 7 1.5 TSI.
(4) The ADAC durability test published on 23/2/21 predicted the following mileage results: Nokian Wetproof 24,800km, Uniroyal RainSport 5 26,600km, Pirelli Cinturato P7 C2 26,250km and Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 55,300km.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.