- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty shots 4 - HiRes copyGoodyear UltraGrip Performance Beauty shots
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 8 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 20 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 19 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shots 2 - HiRes_ copyGoodyear UltraGrip Performance Beauty shots
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 17 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 14 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 9 - HiResHigh Resolution
- UltraGrip Performance+ Beauty Shot 11 - HiResHigh Resolution
- Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 1_GY on top_Original_92599Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 1_GY on top.jpg
- Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 3 Front_Original_92605Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 3 Front.jpg
- Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 4 Side_Original_92608Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 4 Side.jpg
- Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 2_Name on top_Original_92602Ultra Grip Cargo_LY4814-00_205-65R16C_view 2_Name on top.jpg
Goodyear enhances its winter line-up with new UltraGrip range
- Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ brings improved braking and grip to consumers looking for an excellent winter-performance
- Goodyear UltraGrip 9+ increases mileage and grip on snow and ice forsmaller city cars
- Goodyear UltraGrip Cargo improves braking on snow for commercial vehicles
Goodyear gives its award-winning winter tire line-up, the UltraGrip range, a complete upgrade. High-performance vehicles, smaller city cars and commercial vehicles sporting the UltraGrip Performance+, UltraGrip 9+ or the UltraGrip Cargo will enjoy a top-of-the-line winter performance.
The Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ improves its wet, dry and winter performance for high-performance cars thanks to two key technologies. Traction Protect Technology includes a new resin which improves the deformation and reformation capabilities of the tire. This allows for braking forces to be better converted into grip. Winter Grip Technology carries a new compound mixture leading to a better rubber elasticity at low temperatures, boosting grip on snow and ice.
With its UltraGrip 9+ Goodyear gives consumers a tire which handles rough road conditions caused by harsh winter conditions extremely well. Its Mileage Plus technology protects the tire from cracks and detachment of rubber particles caused by rough road conditions. This results in a better mileage performance. The UltraGrip 9+ also incorporates Winter Grip Technology, giving it the same outstanding grip on snow and ice.
Owners of commercial vehicles looking to keep their van on the road, even in the toughest winter condition now have the option to choose the UltraGrip Cargo. Thanks to different upgrades in tread design and compound mixture Goodyear’s new winter tire for light trucks has an outstanding braking performance on snow and lowers the total cost of ownership by improving the tire’s mileage.
Around 69% of the UltraGrip 9+ sizes will be introduced by June 2019, with the last 31% gradually being released until September 2019. UltraGrip Performance+ sizes will be available as of June 2019, with more than half of the sizes available by August 2019. By the end of June 2020, all sizes will be available. Lastly, the UltraGrip Cargo tire sizes are already fully available.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
For additional pictures, visit the online newsroom: http://news.goodyear.eu.
You can also follow us on Twitter @Goodyearpress and join our ThinkGoodMobility group on LinkedIn.