Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV wins Auto Bild allrad test
- Leading German magazine awards a top position to Goodyear SUV tire
- EfficientGrip 2 SUV wins test for second consecutive year
- ‘Exemplary’ rating after measuring wide range of criteria
Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV has been announced as the joint winner of Auto Bild allrad’s latest summer tire test (issue 4/2022)1 due to its performance characteristics on a range of surfaces and conditions.
The German magazine tested ten tires2 in its latest SUV summer tire test, using the 235/55R18 size on a Volkswagen Tiguan test car. Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV was crowned the joint winner, placing at the top of this particular test for the second consecutive year. As such, it was one of just two tires tested to be given Auto Bild’s ‘Vorbildlich’ (exemplary) rating and joint first prize.
The testers remarked on Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV’s “very good driving characteristics on all surfaces, harmonious wet and dry handling, short wet and dry braking distances, high rolling comfort [and] low rolling resistance”3. These comments support the broad abilities of Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV, which scored highly in all 15 tested criteria.
Auto Bild allrad’s test team measured each tire’s performance on grass, gravel, sand, mud and rocks, their resistance to aquaplaning, wet and dry handling and braking, comfort and rolling resistance. Such a wide range of criteria underlines the demands of the off-road SUV driver, who could encounter changing conditions and surfaces on which they demand reliable and trustworthy performance from their tire.
Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV won Auto Bild allrad’s summer tire test last year, which measured the tire in the 215/60R17 size on a Jeep Renegade against nine other competitors4.
Laurent Colantonio, Regional Technology Director EMEA, Goodyear: “Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV offers all-round performance on a variety of surfaces and conditions, in order to give the SUV driver complete confidence. We are pleased that these characteristics have been recognised in Auto Bild allrad’s test for a second consecutive year, with a high score in every criteria measured.”
(1) Issue 4/2022, Auto Bild allrad. Test car: Volkswagen Tiguan. Test size: 235/55R18. Test location: Goodyear Mireval and San Angelo.
(2) Tires tested: Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV, Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 SUV, Falken Azenis FK510 SUV, Michelin Primacy 4, Nexen N’Fera Sport SUV, Toyo Proxes Comfort, Maxxis Victra Sport 5, Pirelli Scorpion Verde, General Tire Grabber GT Plus, Imperial EcoSport SUV.
(3) Translated from original German.
(4) Issue 4/2021, Auto Bild allrad. Test car: Jeep Renegade. Test size: 215/60R17. Tires tested: Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV, Michelin Primacy 4, Bridgestone Turanza T005, Continental PremiumContact 6, Nokian Wetproof SUV, Falken ZIEX ZE310, Maxxis Premitra 5 HP5, BF Goodrich Advantage SUV, Toyo Proxes Comfort, Imperial EcoSport SUV.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.