Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 selected for BMW iX electric SAV
- Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 fitted to BMW iX
- Premium electric SAV is the latest electric vehicle with Goodyear OE fitments
- Winter tires also selected from the Goodyear UltraGrip family
Goodyear tires will be fitted as original equipment to the brand-new BMW iX, the German manufacturer’s headline-grabbing premium electric SAV. Fitments of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 are amongst the Goodyear tires selected by BMW for the new vehicle.
Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 offers drivers short braking distances on dry and wet roads, along with involving handling and grip in varied conditions. Just like the BMW iX, EfficientGrip Performance 2 is designed to maximise range, and is capable of 20 percent higher mileage than the next best tested competitor1, as well as 50 percent more than its predecessor2.
EfficientGrip Performance 2 is available in 20 and 21-inch fitments for the iX, while the same sizes are covered by Goodyear’s winter tire range with UltraGrip Performance+ (20 and 21-inch). Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ carries the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) label, which designates its performance on snow. With excellent abilities on dry and wet roads too, these winter fitments allow BMW iX drivers to enjoy its performance whatever the weather.
Hans Vrijsen, Managing Director Consumer OE, Goodyear EMEA: “We are pleased that the BMW iX has become the latest fully electric car to have Goodyear tires as original equipment. EfficientGrip Performance 2 is designed with electric vehicles in mind, due to its superb efficiency and low rolling resistance, while maintaining a high level of performance. With winter tire fitments of Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+, BMW iX drivers are covered no matter the weather.”
235/60R20 108H - Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 (Front and Rear)
255/50R21 109Y - Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 (F+R)
235/60R20 108H - Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ (F+R)
255/50R21 109H - Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ (F+R)
(1) 20%/11,000km higher mileage than next-best tested competitor. Mileage (i.e. until the legal tread wear limit is reached) compared to the four latest designs from competitors in summer HP segment (Michelin Primacy 4, Continental PremiumContact 6, Bridgestone Turanza T005, Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue). Tested by TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH in November 2019 by order of Goodyear. Tire size tested: 205/55R16 91V; Test car: VW Golf Mk7; Test location: open roads in central Germany. Report number: 713171748. Full report available at: https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tire-test-reports/tire-test-reports-summer.html.
(2) Internal estimates. Compared to predecessor EfficientGrip Performance. Tire size: 205/55R16 91V; Car: VW Golf 7; Location: open roads in Luxembourg and France
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.