- Sport Classic - Close up - White background - HiRes - Tire shot_HighRes_85594Dunlop_SPclassic_view 5_close up_Dunlop.tif
- Sport Classic - Side view - Name on top - HiRes - Tire shot_HighRes_85598Dunlop_SPclassic_view 07_sidewall_name on top.tif
- Sport Classic - 3_4 view - Dunlop on top - HiRes - Tire shot_HighRes_85604Dunlop_SPclassic_view 1_3-4_LEFT.tif
- Sport Classic - 3_4 view - Right - Name on top - HiRes - Tire shot_HighRes_85602Dunlop_SPclassic_view 8_3-4_RIGHT_name on top.tif
- Sport Classic - Front view - HiRes - Tire shot_HighRes_85590Dunlop_SPclassic_view 03_tread.tif
Dunlop Sport Classic tops Auto Bild Klassik’s vintage tire test for second year in a row
- German car magazine Auto Bild Klassik awarded Dunlop’s tire for classic cars a first place in its annual vintage tire test
- Dunlop Sport Classic beat 7 competitors and convinced the jury with its precise steering, very good aquaplaning performance, short braking distance on a wet surface and overall its harmonic driving experience
The Dunlop Sport Classic acknowledges like no other vintage tire that classic vehicles deserve modern technologies when it comes to handling and braking performance while maintaining that old-school look and feel. By winning the Auto Bild Klassik vintage tire test for the second consecutive year, Dunlop shows that it knows exactly how to respond to those consumer needs.
Auto Bild Klassik recognized the Dunlop Sport Classic for its precise steering, very good aquaplaning performance, short braking distance on a wet surface and overall its harmonic driving experience.
The Dunlop Sport Classic stood out in multiple wet tests. When driving on Dunlop, the car - an Austin Healy 3000 - only started aquaplaning at a speed of 92,5 km/h, winning this wet grip test by a landslide. The average speed the other seven tires could maintain before aquaplaning was 80,1 km/h. The Dunlop tires also propelled the Austin to the shortest lap time on a wet track thanks to its optimal grip in wet conditions.
Lastly, the Dunlop Sport Classic recorded the third best performance in both wet braking when driving 100 km/h – 51,8 meters on a test average of 57 meters – and wet handling: bolstering the Austin Healy 3000 to an average speed of 68,9 km/h compared to a test average of 65,8 km/h. With an average speed of 82km/h on a dry Austrian Wachauring track, the Dunlop Sport Classic topped all other tires in the dry handling test.
Piotr Nagalski, Director Marketing Consumer Europe: "We are delighted to see that the Dunlop Sport Classic is once again best in class. This second consecutive win shows that Dunlop is the reigning champion when it comes to vintage tires."
 Auto Bild Klassik (GER) – Issue 8/2019 – July 19, 2019
 Auto Bild Klassik (GER) - Summer 2019 – tire size 185/80R15 – Dunlop Sport Classic 93W,Michelin XVS 93V, Vredestein Sprint Classic 91V, Pirelli Cinturato CA67 91V,Avon Radial Steel 93V, Blockley Radial 91V, Retro RC 001 93H, Billigreifen with no name
Dunlop is one of the world’s leading brands for high and ultra-high-performance tires with an impressive track record of motor sport successes. Dunlop’s extensive racing experience has led to innovative technologies for tires designed for everyday motoring. Always looking to maximize driving pleasure, Dunlop offers all types of motorists the performance and durability of the latest tire technologies. For more information on Dunlop, visit www.dunlop.eu