Kawasaki’s Clement Desalle wins MXGP of Russia on Dunlops
- Ben Watson rides to his first MX2 podiumBen Watson rides to his first MX2 podium
- Clement Desalle tops the MXGP of Russia podiumClement Desalle tops the MXGP of Russia podium
- Clement Desalle flies in RussiaClement Desalle flies in Russia
- Watson in the actionWatson in the action
- Ben Watson takes third in RussiaBen Watson takes third in Russia
- Dunlop's Eddy Seel celebrated Kemea Yamaha podiumDunlop's Eddy Seel celebrated Kemea Yamaha podium
- Ben Watson takes maiden MX2 podium
Clement Desalle won Tuesday’s FIM Motocross World Championship’s MXGP of Russia after finishing first in race one and second in race two. Race one saw the Frenchman very close to taking the holeshot, but after lying third initially, overtook Herlings and later in the first lap passed Cairoli for the lead. From there Desalle rode his Kawasaki to victory in the first race. In Race two the Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team rider held second place from opening lap to the finish. The result put him top in the points for the Grand Prix with his dominant ride giving him a boost back to third in the Championship standings.
Briton Ben Watson (Kemea Yamaha Official MX2 Team) took his first MX2 podium at the Orlyonok track. His third place was one better than his near-podium miss in fourth at the last Grand in Portugal. This time fourth was taken by fellow Dunlop rider Michele Cervellin (Team Martin Racing Honda).
The next event, the MXGP of Latvia, takes place on 13th May.