France MXGP provides wins, Red Plate and podiums for Dunlop riders
- Kiara Fontanesi reclaims the Red PlateKiara Fontanesi reclaims the Red Plate
- Kiara Fontanesi, YamahaKiara Fontanesi, Yamaha
- Benoit Paturel, YamahaBenoit Paturel, Yamaha
- Clement Desalle, KawasakiClement Desalle, Kawasaki
- Clement Desalle podiumClement Desalle podium
- Benoit Paturel podiumBenoit Paturel podium
- Clement Desalle wins home MXGP
- Kiara Fontanesi takes podium and red plate in WMX
- Benoit Paturel steps onto MX2 podium
Clement Desalle had a dominant weekend at his home event at the Ernée track, taking the overall win in the FIM Motocross World Championship MXGP of France. Desalle showed great speed to win the qualifying race. The Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team rider then claimed fourth in the first race but capitalised on a strong start in race two, passing Cairoli and defending well from Paulin. He is now third in the championship.
In MX2, Yamaha’s Benoit Paturel, also on home territory, had a strong event. He claimed the holeshot in race two and won the race, after finishing race one in third. He was classified second for the Grand Prix.
Kiara Fontanesi has returned to the top of the championship standings, taking the associated ‘red plate’ after finishing on the podium in the third round of the six in the FIM Women’s Motocross Championship. Fontanesi won timed practice but a late race one crash dropped her to fourth. Race two saw her finish third and confirmed her place on the podium, also a third place. She now tops the standings with a one point margin, with four riders separated by just 12 points.
Tyre Choice: Dunlop riders all used Dunlop Geomax MX3S front and rear.
Eddy Seel, Dunlop Event Leader:
“It is good to be back showing strong performances across our classes and to be in good positions in the championships. Our goal is to continue for the second half of the season continuing to get wins with our riders.”
The next event, the Grand Prix of Russia, takes place on the track at Orlyonok, on 11th June.