Dunlop riders take motocross win and podium in Italy
- Kiara winning at TrentinoKiara winning at Trentino
- Clement Desalle lies third in championshipClement Desalle lies third in championship
- Kiara racing to a win at TrentinoKiara racing to a win at Trentino
- Tonus racing to Trentino podiumTonus racing to Trentino podium
- Tonus celebrates Trentino podiumTonus celebrates Trentino podium
- Michele Cervellin racing in ItalyMichele Cervellin racing in Italy
Kiara Fontanesi was back on winning form, clinching the MXGP of Trentino Women’s Motocross World Championship round. The Italian was fastest on home ground in free and timed practice then won race one. Race two saw her drop to third but regain second place – enough for her to claim the Grand Prix win on her Yamaha. Kiara now lies second in the Championship, just six points behind the leader.
Arnaud Tonus (Yamaha) finished a strong second in the first MXGP race with Clement Desalle in fifth. Race two saw Tonus in seventh, a result that combined with his first race points put him third for the Grand Prix. Desalle was classified sixth overall and lies third in the championship standings.
In MX2, Honda’s Michele Cervellin had a career best qualifying race, finishing fourth. On home ground the Italian then finished sixth in the first race, two places behind Vsevolod Brylyakov (Kawasaki).
Tyre Choice: Dunlop riders all used Dunlop Geomax MX3S front and rear.
Eddy Seel, Dunlop Event Leader:
“It was a good weekend for us. Tonus is getting better and better with each GP and Desalle is getting consistent results so we are heading in the right direction for the championship. Kiara is really consistent in her races too and is back to bidding for her championship as well.”
The next Grand Prix of Europe takes place on the track at Valkenswaard, Netherlands on 23rd April. Dunlop will recommend the Geomax MX3S front and MX11 rear for the sand track.