Dunlop extends brand and technical partnership with Moto2 and Moto3 World Championships.
- Qatar Moto2 pack.jpgQatar_Moto2_pack.jpg
- Alex Marquez Moto2 race winner in JerezAlex Marquez Moto2 race winner in Jerez
- Moto2 race action in SpainMoto2 race action in Spain
- Moto2 MugelloMoto2 Mugello
- The Moto2 race saw close racing throughout the fieldThe Moto2 race saw close racing throughout the field
- Moto3 - Dunlop is the supplier to the World ChampionshipClose racing across the Moto3 race, 17 riders vying for the win
- Moto2 race actionMoto2 race action
- Franco Morbidelli clinched the Moto2 title in Sepang with 11 podium finishesFranco Morbidelli clinched the Moto2 title in Sepang with 11 podium finishes
- Alex Marquez took the Moto2 win in Japan, his third at MotegiAlex Marquez took the Moto2 win in Japan, his third at Motegi
- Romano Fenati became the first rider to take ten Moto3 wins since 2012Romano Fenati became the first rider to take ten Moto3 wins since 2012
- Xavier Fraipont ( Dunlop ) and Pau Serracanta ( MotoGP )Xavier Fraipont ( Dunlop ) and Pau Serracanta ( MotoGP )
Dunlop has announced that it has extended its agreement to be the official tyre supplier to the FIM Moto2™ and Moto3™ World Championships for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 seasons.
The Moto2™ and Moto3™ World Championships are an integral part of the MotoGP™ race weekends. MotoGP is a leading global sport and entertainment brand with far-reaching international impact. The 2017 series featured 86 competing riders from 18 different countries.
The Moto2™ class was launched in 2010 and Moto3™ in 2012. Dunlop has been the exclusive tyre partner from the beginning of both championships after being the most successful tyre company in the 250cc and 125cc categories which preceded Moto2™ and Moto3™ respectively.
This announcement continues Dunlop’s proud history in World Championship Motorcycle racing. Dunlop tyres were chosen to win the first 500cc championship for motorcycles in 1949 (Les Graham, AJS). In the 250cc GP category, Dunlop claimed 17 World Championships before the category was replaced by Moto2TM .
Since the introduction of the new categories, champions have included Marc Marquez. Johann Zarco, Pol Espargaro and Maverick Vinales, proving the effectiveness of the formula in creating MotoGP front runners.
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director of Dorna Sports, Commercial Area said: “It is an honour for us to count Dunlop as one of our longstanding collaborators within motorcycle Grand Prix racing. Tyres are one of the cornerstones of truly world-leading competition, and Dunlop are the perfect collaborator for Moto2 and Moto3 as both categories continue to provide some of the greatest racing and battles on earth. Another three seasons racing together is cause for celebration for all involved.”
Xavier Fraipont, Managing Director of Dunlop Motorcycle and Motorsport EMEA said, “We are proud to continue our long and successful relationship with Dorna in Moto2™ and Moto3™ . We are constantly pushing forward and bringing new technologies to the sport. Indeed, we introduced a brand-new specification of Moto2 tyre at Valencia for the final round of the 2017 season and this was chosen by the race winner, Miguel Oliveira. Top level motorcycle racing allows us to test and develop new constructions and compounds. We then apply the learnings to our award winning tyres such as the Dunlop SportSmart MAX and the new SportSmart TT ”
Dunlop will also continue to promote the #ForeverForward Award . This rewards the rider who has shown great determination, racecraft and intuition to make the most overtakes during a season. In 2017, the winner was Andrea Migno who gained a record-breaking 137 positions over the 18 Moto3TM races.