Dunlop assists Team France to fifth consecutive Motocross of Nations title
- Tixier and Ferrandis on the podium for Team FranceTixier and Ferrandis on the podium for Team France
- Untitled Asset - 08-Oct-2018 by Cathy Metcalfe
- Dylan Ferrandis - Team USADylan Ferrandis - Team USA
- Eli Tomac - Team USAEli Tomac - Team USA
- Clement Desalle - Team BelgiumClement Desalle - Team Belgium
- Jeremy Seewer-Team SwitzerlandJeremy Seewer-Team Switzerland
- Jordi Tixier - Team FranceJordi Tixier - Team France
For a fifth consecutive time, Team France took victory at the Motocross of Nations (MXoN). The annual event, the ‘Olympics’ of motocross, took place in the USA, at Michigan’s Red Bud track with 35 teams competing. It was a far from easy event, with riders contending with extreme mud, leading to vision difficulties and engine issues. The Dunlop Geomax MX33 front and MX12 rear tyres, however, performed well, assisting 13 riders in seven of the top-ten teams with grip in the difficult conditions.
Dunlop-shod riders Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha) and Jordi Tixier (KTM) were two of the French trio that claimed the trophy. Each rider competed in two of three races to decide the winners, with the predicted winners changing lap by lap until the latter stages of the final race.
Australia’s fourth place was with KTM rider Kirk Gibbs’ assistance, fifth place went to Great Britain with riders including Ben Watson (Yamaha) and Tommy Searle (Kawasaki) while the all-Dunlop USA home squad finished in sixth.
Full results can be seen here.
Eddy Seel, Dunlop Event Leader:
“The Motocross of Nations title is a great way to close the season. The MX12 rear worked very well in the muddy conditions and gave the riders very good traction on the mud and the grip for the good starts. Now we can look ahead to next season and hope to start 2019 with more success.”