Another first for Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow: breaking a new world record!
- (Infographic) Touareg Eurasia World Record: Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow team up againInfographic about Touareg Eurasia World Record attempt
- Rainer ZietlowVisual Rainer Zietlow
- Rainer Zietlow and his driving teamPicture Rainer Zietlow and his driving team
- Rainer Zietlow, his driving team and their TouaregPicture: Rainer Zietlow, his driving team and their Touareg
- Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow Crossing the Polish Border. Touareg Eurasia World Record.Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow Crossing the Polish Border. Touareg Eurasia World Record.
- Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow in their World Record Breaking attemp. Touareg Eurasia.Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow Crossing the Polish Border. Touareg Eurasia World Record.
- Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow's Dirving Team. Touareg Eurasia World Record.Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow's Dirving Team. Touareg Eurasia World Record.
- Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow at the start of their World Record attempt in Russia. Touareg Eurasia.Goodyear and Rainer Zietlow at the start of their World Record attempt in Russia. Touareg Eurasia.
- Arrival RainerArrival Rainer
Rainer Zietlow drives Touareg Eurasia in less than 7 days [6 days, 9 hours and 38 minutes], conquering 15.145 kilometers on Goodyear Wrangler tires.
Brussels, Belgium – July 7, 2016. Rainer Zietlow and Goodyear have set a new world record for the fastest drive across Eurasia between Magadan, Russia and Lisbon, Portugal. Together with cameraman Marius Biela and journalist Peter Bakanov, Zietlow completed this epic 15.145 km drive in 6 days, 9 hours and 38 minutes. With this feat, the team beats the existing world record of 8 days and 12 hours.
Rainer Zietlow and his team relied on the Goodyear Wrangler family to achieve this world record, driving through 7 countries across Eurasia. The demanding terrain and challenging weather conditions, including the infamous 3,000km long gravel and mud covered Kolyma Highway in Russia, has put the equipment to the test at every stage of the 15.145 km journey. For the drive from Magadan to Yakutsk, Rainer relied on the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure Tire with Kevlar, for the rest of the drive to Lisbon Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather tires were mounted to the Touareg.
Alexis Bortoluzzi, Goodyear Marketing Director EMEA: “We wish to congratulate Rainer and his team on their new world record, they did it again! We are proud to have been a part of their success in this amazing voyage and have demonstrated that our tires from the Goodyear Wrangler family were the best choice for Rainer’s endeavor.”
“We are extremely happy to have conquered Eurasia with this amazing time of 6 days, 9 hours and 38 minutes”: said Rainer Zietlow. “I would like to express again my gratitude to all of my sponsors and partners, including Goodyear for providing reliable tires even for the harshest of road conditions. I would definitely choose Goodyear again for my next challenges.”