Dunlop’s global motorsport family unites to help Macmillan
- Drivers from BTCC, WEC and ELMS come together to support the cause
- Auction held to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dunlop organises ‘Fastest Coffee Morning’
Dunlop has pulled its global motorsport family together to raise awareness for Macmillan Cancer Support by assisting in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and Dunlop’s fastest which takes place today (Friday 29 September). Macmillan is the corporate charity of Dunlop, and aims to reach and improve the lives of everyone living with cancer, and to inspire millions of others to do the same.
Drivers and team members from the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship and European Le Mans Series have all got involved to help raise awareness and essential funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
BTCC drivers including Gordon Shedden, Ash Sutton, Colin Turkington, Jason Plato, Rob Collard, Andrew Jordan, Aiden Moffat, Jack Goff, Rob Huff and Tom Ingram helped produce two videos promoting the cause. Whilst the world of endurance racing has got behind the effort too at FIA WEC and ELMS events at Mexico City, COTA and Spa.
Dunlop has also teamed up with Autocar and Daily Sportscar to auction exclusive prizes that includes sets of Dunlop tyres, a pair of 2018 BTCC season tickets, a signed BTCC tyre which is signed by the entire 2017 BTCC field, tickets to Silverstone 2018 to watch WEC/ELMS, including overnight accommodation, as well as a host of Dunlop goodies.
Click here to visit Autocar and see Dunlop’s fastest lap, Coffee Morning, and full details of the auction prize.
For those not wishing to bid but want to donate to Macmillan, please visit the Autocar page, and click on the Donation link.
Macmillan Cancer Support
- There are 2.5 million people living with cancer in the UK today, and as more people live longer with their cancer, this number is set to grow to 4 million by 2030
- We want to make sure we can provide support to everyone who needs it, to help people affected by cancer feel more in control of their lives
- Life with cancer is still life. Macmillan Cancer support will help you live it
Kate RockPR & Corporate Comms Manager UK & IrelandUnited Kingdomkate_rock@goodyear.com+44121306660944 7831834800